Sugar Land Auto Accident Attorney | Sugar Land Car Wreck Lawyer | Sugar Land Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Sugar Land area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Sugar Land, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Sugar Land area.
When Should You Hire a Sugar Land Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining a Sugar Land, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Sugar Land auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from a Sugar Land auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain a Sugar Land car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need a Sugar Land Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Sugar Land car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Sugar Land area and in all areas of Fort Bend County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in a Sugar Land, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Sugar Land accident attorney.
Sugar Land Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Sugar Land you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Sugar Land will try to successfully handle your Sugar Land car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to a Sugar Land bad faith insurance claim.
Sugar Land Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Sugar Land Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Sugar Land area. Sugar Land Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a the driver of the car that hit you was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call a Sugar Land Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Sugar Land Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in Sugar Land, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Sugar Land fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Sugar Land auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (361) 676-6683 ;
- As soon as you are able, call a Sugar Land car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by a Sugar Land ambulance, you can later get information at:
Sugar Land EMS or Sugar Land Fire Department
10405 Corporate Drive
Sugar Land, TX 77478
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Sugar Land, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Sugar Land Police Department: (281) 275-2500
Fort Bend County Precinct 1: (281) 341-4536
Fort Bend County Precinct 2: (281) 403-8010
Fort Bend County Precinct 3: (281) 491-7226
Fort Bend County Sheriff: (281) 341-4704
Other reasons to retain a Sugar Land, TX Auto Accident lawyer or Fort Bend County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Sugar Land, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A Fort Bend County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Sugar Land car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Sugar Land will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
A Sugar Land injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Sugar Land car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below Fort Bend County Civil Courts or Fort Bend County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Sugar Land trial courts include:
Fort Bend County - County Court at Law No. 3
Fort Bend County - County Court at Law No. 4
Fort Bend County 240th District Court
Fort Bend County 268th District Court
- If your Sugar Land injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Sugar Land tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Sugar Land involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Sugar Land Residents
Sugar Land Area
Triumph Hospital Southwest
University of Texas
West Houston Medical Center
Sugar Land Area
99 Tire & Automotive
First Tire and Automotive
Midas Sugar Land
Discount Car Clinic
Sugar Land Area
Hertz Local Edition
Sugar Land Exotic Rental
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in the Sugar Land area or anywhere in Fort Bend County or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Sugar Land vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Sugar Land and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Southeastern Texas, including Arcola, Beasley, DeWalt, Fairchilds, Fifth Street, Four Corners, Fulshear, Greatwood, Kendleton, Meadows Place, Mission Bend, Missouri City, Needville, New Territory, Orchard, Pecan Grove, Pleak, Richmond, Rosenberg, Simonton, Stafford, Thompsons, Weston Lakes and other communities in Fort Bend County.